Thursday, March 25, 2010

Status Round-up

I spend a little time on Facebook, which I have thoroughly enjoyed. It’s quick, easy interaction with folks from the past and present, all mixed-up. I’m sure I’ll write more about Facebook another time, but for now, here’s a round-up of my most recent statuses, from yesterday backwards.


• Tracey is planning to eat everything in the freezer. Not all at once.

• Refrigerator repair, or, reason to buy a new one...we'll see!

• Next time I make a double-recipe of rice krispy treats I will use a bigger bowl.

• 59 degrees, and the warm sunshine feels heavenly!

• Ben & Jerry's Free Cone Day! Ice cream for lunch!

• Why bother looking decent if I'm just staying at home? See some reasons and give your opinion at http://www.lifeisdifferenthere.blogspot.com/.

• Can anyone who has a Google blog (blogspot) tell me how to just put some of a post on the front page? It seems there is a "read more" option, but I can not make it come up for me.


• Oh well, summer is over.

• Daniel was playing outside in the beautiful 61-degree sunshine. "Mom!" he yells as he comes in the door, "We need popsicles!" I guess summer is here!

• Tracey is sitting at the brand-new, beautiful Plymouth library! I wonder if they would let us live here...

• Immanuel, incarnate Lord, from Mary's womb was given breath, was baptized at the Jordan's ford, and gave his life to conquer death. He rose triumphant from the tomb, was lifted to the Father's throne to come on God's dread day of doom and bring salvation for his own.

• Shout, for the blessed Jesus reigns; Through distant lands his triumphs spread; And sinners, freed from endless pains, Own him their Saviour and their Head.

• Leftover Pi day! :-)    (March 15)

• Family camp-in tonight in the family room! A fire outside to cook on, then no-electricity fun inside! We do the best we can with the weather we have to work with...

• How do you decide if you need stitches?

• Thunder and the sump pump - the noises of spring trying to come!

• And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. (Colossians 3:17)

• How long does it take you (ladies) to "get ready?" Read my new blog post and leave your answer there as a comment, please!

• “Silent gratitude isn’t very much use to anyone.”- Gertrude Stein, writer

• Tracey really does enjoy hearing the kids play the piano, which is good since it is nearly constant!

• There is a green hill far away, Without a city wall, Where the dear Lord was crucified, Who died to save us all. There was no other good enough To pay the price of sin; He only could unlock the gate Of heav'n, and let us in.

2 comments:

Gail said...

Let's see if this will post.

Tracey said...

Hey! I'm so glad it finally worked for you! :-)