Friday, February 24, 2012

My Life in Status Updates

Status updates are about all the writing I have had time for lately!  One day I will take some time to write a real blog post, but for now, here's what has been going on in our lives from the Facebook point of view!

1/28: Made it to the State Lego Tournament with everything but the camera! Go Cavemen!

1/28: Cavemen win!

 1/28: Hooray for the Cavemen! First Lego League Minnesota state champions!

1/30: I will sing to the LORD as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have being. May my meditation be pleasing to him, for I rejoice in the LORD. (Psalm 104:33-34 ESV)

1/30: Have you heard that Edwin will be taking the PolarBear Plunge on March 3? If you would like to sponsor him, message me! Support the Special Olympics! Or come to Lake Calhoun and watch!
 
1/31: So thankful for the gift of a mild January in Minnesota! I really needed that after last winter!

1/31: I'm looking for some upbeat praise & worship music with theologically-sound lyrics, especially with lyrics straight from the Bible...Any suggestions?


 2/6: Be filled with the Spirit, addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart, giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ. (Ephesians 5:18-21 ESV)

 2/9: Coming out of a strep-induced fog, and realizing the next time one of my poor children has strep I should feel even more sorry for him/her!
 
2/10: Feeling energetic again, mini-cook-a-thon in progress!

2/11: Bundling up for our coldest ski day in a long while! Breaking out the hand & foot warmers!

2/13: Happy birthday, David! I love you and am so proud of the young man you have become!

2/15: Thank you for supporting Edwin Stephenson and the Special Olympics! There is still time to sponsor him for the Polar Bear Plunge on March 3. Message me for more info!

2/16: Lowered expectations pay off:
           Me: "It looks like spring out this morning!"
           John: "It will feel like it too; the high is 39."

 2/17: Yippee! Friday already! What a crazy fast week!

2/17: Drumming up support for the kids' Lego team...Please "LIKE" their FLL Cavemen facebook page. While you are there, look around at what the First Lego League does...there are some videos of the robots and research projects from this year & last year!

2/18: We all survived the ski/snowboard lessons for the year! Man, are those kids getting good!

2/20: This morning's run was brought to you by Colbie Callait, Bruno Mars, and Gym Class Heroes, baby...

2/21: Snow! That's different!

2/22: But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who love your salvation say continually, “Great is the LORD!” (Psalm 40:16 ESV)

2/22: Anyone local want a really old couch for your basement?

2/24: Seriously considering a half marathon in early August!

No comments: