Sunday, February 28, 2010

Hope Springs Eternal

Last week (when the computer was still dead, but that is a whole different story) I woke to birds tweeting. Crazy, tweeting birds before 6:00 in the morning. And it is winter here, I might note, and there haven't been very many birds around, until now. As I thought about the crazy tweeting birds I had a flashback to last winter, when I was awakened by the same crazy birds early one morning. So I looked back and found what I wrote then, and it turns out it is almost exactly a year ago. So, apparently, the as-yet-unidentified-crazy-tweeting birds are on a schedule. Go figure.

Here's what I wrote last year:

Date: February 20, 2009
Time: 6:35 am
Alarm: Sounding at first, then switched off
Temperature: 2
Coffee: Ready and waiting
Sound:Tweeeeeeet, tweet, tweet, tweet! WHAT? A bird, actually making noise in my yard. Where did it come from? Who knows? Is it back early and soon to be dead? Probably. Either that or the cardinals that have been here all winter finally decided to tweet.

Winter is quiet here. One little bird gives me hope!

Psalm 31:24 Be strong and take heart,
all you who hope in the LORD.

No comments: