Sunday, March 13, 2011

What's Coming Up...

My old friend Jill (who is not old since she is as old as me, but is a friend from long ago) has a blog called Jumpin' In, and each Wednesday she shares a recipe in a post she calls "What's Cooking Wednesday."  This week I plan to join her and begin to post a recipe or two each Wednesday.  I hope this will encourage me to post something here at least once a week, so my blog will not be lonely as it sometimes is.  Time will tell!

Also, last week I thought that my 100th blog post was coming up so I began to feel pressure about what to write for such a monumental occasion!  Then I noticed that several posts that were being counted were drafts and revisions, making the 100th post a little further removed.  But it's coming.  No clues as to if it will be worth reading!  But I am planning a little report from my statistics page, which I only very recently realized I had.

Lastly, what's coming up is a perfectly normal school week, for which I am thankful.  Decent weather, in the form of 30's, 40's, and maybe even 50 degrees (!) is in the forecast.  I am hoping to take my first four mile run this week; I have never run farther than 3.5 miles, so we'll see.  I am amazed once again at the blessings God has given us, especially in the wake of the great devastation in Japan, and the hard things going on even in the lives of our friends.  There is much to pray for, as always.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.
Be not wise in your own eyes;
fear the Lord, and turn away from evil.
It will be healing to your flesh
and refreshment to your bones.

Proverbs 3:5-8

2 comments:

Debbie S said...

I'll look forward to the recipes, as my cooking is very, very repetitive!

Bryonie said...

Fun! Looking forward...