Monday, March 28, 2011

Yes, I Stink at That

Ever have one of those weeks when you begin to recognize all the things you kind of stink at?  Well, that was last week for me.  But, thankfully, this week, instead of being depressed, I feel like starting to do something about some of it, at least. 

The house needs to be organized, the laundry is behind, the kids are in need of attention in many ways (and some are still sick - ugh), the snow took away my running path, waah, waah, waah.  Quit whining and do something about it, or at least about what I can fix.

So if I am going to eat the elephant I will do it one bite at a time, and hopefully without too much complaining.  I made some goals for the week and I will try to get them done.  Then do some more next week.  We'll see.  God's strength is made perfect in my weakness.  Wow - that takes a load off!

This week's plan is to get the kitchen in order and deep cleaned.  I cleaned the oven this morning, which is a good start.  The refrigerator, the pantry, the drawers, and the cabinets are going to be dealt with too.  And just maybe I will get a clue about what is lost in the freezer and the basement cabinets, so I can quit buying groceries and just eat what's already here for a bit.

If I can tackle the kitchen this week I may find the strength to hit the office next week...

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2 Corinthians 12:9

4 comments:

Debbie S said...

Thanks for the notices on FB that you have a new post.

Once again you are an exhortation and an encouragement to me.

Look! This is me getting off the computer and out to MY kitchen to attend to a few things that need attention.

Unknown said...

Tracey,
We need to start eating the food from our freezer also,don't know why we spent all that time last summer
putting up all those veggies and not eating them. It would sure cut down on the grocery bill if we did.
Hope the children will all feel better soon.

Aunt Marcie

Gail said...

Looks like you are off to a good start.

Jon & Bethany said...

Amen Tracey! I think this verse is my mantra of motherhood! I memorized it shortly after Jonah was born, and I still seem to be constantly faced with my own weakness & inability to complete everything I want to- but Praise the Lord- His grace is sufficient!