Thursday, December 1, 2011

Happy December!



Happy December!  We woke up to a white dusting of snow this morning, just enough to make it feel more like December 1st should feel.  The temperatures have been all over (60 on Thanksgiving??), but it seems to have settled into cold now so there may as well be some snow to make it prettier.  There, I said it.

Our Christmas tree is up and decorated, and the other decorations are slated to be finished today.  Edwin got our outside lights hung in mild weather the day after Thanksgiving; it was probably the first time he wasn't miserably cold doing that chore - a huge improvement over last year's job, which came after our mid-November blizzard.

I am not sure where November went (along with the entire last 6 months!), but I am happy to see December.  There is much to do, but we are looking forward to time spent with family and friends, contemplating the birth of our dear Savior.  Here at the beginning, we pray that we will keep our focus properly, and not be thrown around by the business and busyness of the world. 

 I waited patiently for the LORD;
  he inclined to me and heard my cry.
 He drew me up from the pit of destruction,
  out of the miry bog,
 and set my feet upon a rock,
  making my steps secure.
 He put a new song in my mouth,
  a song of praise to our God.
 Many will see and fear,
  and put their trust in the LORD.
(Psalm 40:1-3 ESV)

2 comments:

Bryonie said...

Amen and amen. :-)

Aunt Marcie said...

Beautiful tree, we look forward to your pictures this month.