Friday, December 2, 2011

Light into Darkness, Yet Again



I think I have taken this picture each year for the December Photo Project.  I just can't help it.  When reflecting on the advent of Christ, a main theme is light into darkness, and this is what I think when I see the sun going down and the Christmas lights turning on.  I did, at least, take a new picture.

 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

(John 1:1-5 ESV)

1 comment:

Janet Rose said...

You've captured my favorite time of the day during winter...sunset with bare trees in the foreground. I was driving at sunset tonight and thought to myself I need to get a shot at this time for the DPP. Love the Christmas lights in the frame, too.